Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime is a mid-range price smartphone that was released in October 2016 running on Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) out of the box. Galaxy J5 came with Exynos 7570 Quad chipset, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP camera and 5.0 inches display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, the specification and features are quite impressive. If you own Galaxy J5 and want to get much out of your phone, then the easy solution is to gain root access to experience, even more, control and customization. After gaining the root access over the phone, you’ll be able to access a lot of root apps available on the Play Store or from third-party sources.
If you are interested in rooting your phone then here we have a detailed guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime [SM-G570F] running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The process of rooting Galaxy J5 Prime G570F is very simple. We will use TWRP custom recovery coupled with SuperSU zip package. All the steps have been explained right below along with few tips and tricks. Let’s start! First, we’ll download and install a custom recovery like TWRP on Galaxy J5 Prime and then will flash SuperSU using TWRP to root it. Please note that rooting is a tweaked process and is prohibited by the OEMs, so you will lose the warranty of J5 Prime. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data like SMS, Contacts, Installed apps, Call Logs and Media Files etc.
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570FG570FXXU1APIBAFG Afghanistan
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API4 AFR Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB BTC Libya
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB ECT Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB EGY Egypt
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIA INS India
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB KSA Saudi Arabia
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API4 MID Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB MWD Morocco
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API6 NPL Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB PAK Pakistan
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API6 SER Russia
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API6 SKZ Kazakhstan
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB THR Iran
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB TUN Tunisia
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1API4 TUR Turkey
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB XFA South Africa
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime SM-G570F G570FXXU1APIB XSG United Arab Emirates and all other Models.
You can use this guide for all the Galaxy J5 Prime. Verify the device’s model by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Things To Remember:
Warning: AndroidRO will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy J5 Prime during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
Data Backup: Take a full backup of all your important data and settings like contacts, pictures, videos, music before proceeding to the instructions.
Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy J5 Prime on your PC.
Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
Note:- If you can’t find Developer Options on your phone, then go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number. Go back to Settings and there you will see the Developer Options. Now you can enable USB Debugging.
Any custom Recovery like a TWRP should be installed on your device will be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
Make sure that the battery level of your Galaxy J5 Prime should be at least about 60-70 charged to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the installation process.
- Download SuperSU v2.78 (SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip)
- Download TWRP Recovery Image for Galaxy J5 Prime | Download
- Download Odin Tool
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 Prime:
- First, download TWRP Recovery Image for Galaxy J5 Prime from the above link on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy J5 Prime G570F USB to your computer using the USB data cable.
- Transfer the SM-G570F Recovery.tar.md5 file to the root folder of your SD card.
- After transferring the TWRP file, disconnect the phone.
- Run Odin flashing tool on your computer as an Administrator.
- Power OFF your Galaxy J5 Prime in order to boot into Download Mode.
- Power ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same for a few seconds. Once the yellow warning screen appears then release the keys.
- While your phone is in Download Mode, connect the phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
- If the USB drivers properly installed and the phone is connected, the Added text will appear and ID: COM port turns blue in Odin.
- Click on AP button on the Odin and choose the “. tar.md5” file that you have already downloaded and placed it on the desktop of your PC.
- Ensure that F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are Ticked on the screen but Re-Partition is Unchecked.
- Begin the installation process by clicking on the START button in Odin and wait for PASS text appears on the screen.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, your Galaxy J5 will automatically Reboot.
- Done! You have successfully installed TWRP on Galaxy J5 Prime G570F.
Steps to Root Galaxy J5 Prime:
- Download the SuperSU v2.78 (SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip) on the desktop of your PC for Galaxy J5 Prime from the above link.
- Plug the phone to the PC via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip file to the root folder on SD card of your phone.
- After SuperSU file, unplug the USB cord and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Enter TWRP Custom recovery by typing the following command. (Phone should be connected and USB debugging enabled.)
adb reboot recovery
- While your Galaxy J5 Prime is in Recovery Mode, perform wipe data tasks by navigating to the main menu of recovery and choose to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now, go back to Recovery menu and select choose zip from sd card -> Install zip from sd card. Find the SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip file that you have already downloaded it in Step No 1. Confirm the flashing process to begin.
- Navigate to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy J5 Prime and it may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first after installation.
That’s it! You have rooted Galaxy J5 Prime G570F! Verify the SuperSU app by checking in your apps list.