Today, we are going to share a detailed guide on how to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Galaxy J5 SM-J510F. In Europe Android 7.1.1 Nougat was released by Samsung for all the unlocked Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 device. Lately, we have been coming across news regarding the stable update to several smartphones and tablets from Samsung. There is another new Nougat official update which is being released with Samsung experience 8.5. This new firmware comes with Samsung Cloud support, new Device Manager app, a shutter button zooming for Camera client, and it should make the OS much smoother and faster than before.
The new Nougat official update is being rolled out over the air, but not everyone will get the files at the same time, as the rollout is not done in just one process but it is done in stages. This update process can be completed by the use of a tool naming “Odin 3.12.3 tool”. Proceed to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Galaxy J5 SM-J510F.
Before starting update follow the guidelines given below.
This guide must be used only for the 2016 Samsung Galaxy J5 devices and the version of the device must be the SM–J510F. Otherwise, don’t use this tutorial for other different Galaxy J5 models than the one which is specified above
We’ll not responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy A3 A310F during or after the installation of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Proceed at your risk.
Things To Remember:
- First, download Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your PC because, for the ODIN tool to work with your PC and phone, the above USB drivers must be installed, and then enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- If Developer Options is not enabled, then you have to enable that first: by going to Settings> About Phone and tap seven times on the Build Number text.
– Now return to Settings, as Developer Options will appear there.
– Enable USB Debugging by opening Developer Options.
- Android 7.0 official update can now be installed with ODIN over rooted firmware, but it is important to know that root access won’t survive the update.
– any custom Recovery that you might have previously flashed is going to be replaced with stock Recovery.
- The new official firmware can be flashed with ODIN tool over custom ROMs, but you will have to apply an extra Factory Reset process for your device.
– At the end of the tutorial the Factory Reset process is listed, and you need to apply it so that your Galaxy J5 device will boot in normal mode.
– Factory Resetting the smartphone won’t delete any data from internal storage, but the system partition will be wiped completely.
– At the end of the tutorial, the Factory Reset steps are listed.
- You can continue straight to the next part of this post, and start the updating process in case your phone runs 100% stock Android firmware.
- Do not skip any steps, check the whole tutorial.
- the tutorial has to be applied by advanced users, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files.
- check battery charge levels of your phone because it requires at least 50% power so that it won’t switch off during installation.
- f you don’t want to manually update your phone to Android 7.1.1, then you can wait until Samsung pushes the new firmware over-the-air in your region. You can look for new Android firmware files by going to Settings> Software Update> Download Updates Manually.If any other new file is ready to download, then you simply need to confirm the process and your smartphone will take care of the rest of the process.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Galaxy J5 SM-J510F:
For the purpose of downloading follow the following simple steps, it must be kept in mind that do not skip any of the following steps otherwise you will be forced to try the whole step again.
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware file from here.
- When you are done with downloading you can extract the archived contents and save them all on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
– extract the Odin files.
- Now Power off the phone.
- Boot it into Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN exe on your PC.
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
Wait for ODIN to add the device.
–You need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers if the phone is not added.
- In Odin, you have to go to its main screen and start loading the firmware update files.
Click the BL button and load the firmware file with “BL” in its name.
Click AP and load the file with “AP” in its title.
Click CP and load the “CP” firmware file.
Click CSC and load the file with “HOME_CSC” at the start of its name. Don’t load the “CSC”-only named file, as that one will completely wipe the entire device.
- After you’ve loaded all the files you can begin the update. Click START and the ODIN app will start the updating process.
– don’t press any buttons until the update process is done.
- When the install is done and reboot the Galaxy J5 2016 in normal mode then Unplug the phone from PC.
- In order to regain control over your device once again, use your default login info.
These were the instructions on how to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Galaxy J5 SM-J510F.
In case the update fails, then try and repeat the whole guide more than once. If you do repeat the update you have to make sure that you won’t skip any steps, and that your Galaxy J5 device meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
If ODIN shows the PASS alert, but your Galaxy J5 enters in a boot loop, or it gets stuck at boot animation screen, then you need to factory reset the system partition.
If in case you have installed the official Android firmware over a custom ROM, too, as otherwise, the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode with Nougat 7.1.1 official firmware then Factory Reset process has to be applied.
Follow these steps, these will help you that how to Factory Reset Galaxy J5 from Recovery Mode:
- First power off the phone.
- Now boot it into recovery mode.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm process.
- reboot the phone in normal mode.
If you need any extra help regarding this then you can tell us in comments. Make sure to list all the steps you took and where you got stuck so that we can come up with a viable solution for whatever problem you are facing.