How to Root Google Pixel 3: Do you want to enjoy the great best Android system on your Google Pixel 3? You’ll be happy to know that you can now root Google Pixel 3 to customize and optimize built-in features. All you need to gain full control over the stock Android functionality. Go ahead and follow the given guide to root Google Pixel 3 that will surely improve your Google Pixel 3 daily experience. Keep in mind that rooting will remove the pre-loaded factory restrictions on your phone. So you can improve the stock Android software and apply further tweaks to upgrade general performance.
After getting root access over the internal file system of your Android phone, you can:
- Remove bloatware and start-up programs
- Add apps from other sources than Google Play
- Install complex tools available only for rooted systems
- Set up custom recovery images such as CWM or TWRP recovery
- Flash custom MODs and kernels
- Set up custom ROMs (Android based updates) like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android
- Overclock or undervolt your Android device and much more.
Please remember that once you root your Google Pixel 3, the warranty flag will be lost. As rooting is not an official operation, as the root exploit is developed by third party devs. Also, you can restore the warranty by reinstalling the stock Android OS back to its factory state. But rooting Android OS is important especially for those who want to taste stuffs.
You May Also Like:
Before proceeding to the rooting guide, make a complete backup of all your important data on your Google Pixel 3. You’ll need to have an unlocked bootloader to root your device. Therefore, before doing anything else you have to learn how to unlock your Google Pixel 3 bootloader.
You can use this guide for Google Pixel 3 only. Verify the device’s model by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Things To Remember:
Warning: AndroidRO will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your phone during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
Data Backup: Take a full backup of all your important data and settings like contacts, pictures, videos, music before proceeding to the instructions.
Download and install USB drivers for Google Pixel 3 on your PC.
Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
Note:- If you can’t find Developer Options on your phone, then go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number. Go back to Settings and there you will see the Developer Options. Now you can enable USB Debugging.
Make sure that the battery level of your Pixel 3 is at least about 60-70 to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the installation process.
How to Root Google Pixel 3 with Magisk:
- First of all, download the stock Android firmware from the above given link on the desktop of your PC.
- Extract the downloaded firmware package.
- Connect your Google Pixel 3 with your PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the .img file to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
- Now install the Magisk Manager beta toolkit on your phone.
- Run the Magisk manager app and select the Update channel option from Settings. Pick Beta.
- Now, tap on Install – > Patch Boot – > Image file.
- Navigate and select the firmware package that was previously transferred to your device.
- Connect your Pixel 3 with the PC and place the patched file inside the Android SDK folder.
- Within that folder, open a command prompt window by pressing and holding the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click on any blank space. Select ‘open command prompt window here’.
- Type the following command in the cmd window to display your handset:
adb reboot bootloader
- Then, type this command and press Enter:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot your Google Pixel 3.
Done. You have successfully rooted Google Pixel 3. Now you can start to apply other custom operations to customize your daily Android experience.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding above steps to root Google Pixel 3.