Over a month Google officially launched Android Oreo 8.1 and without any doubt, Nexus 5X was one of the first mobile phones to get the latest Oreo official firmware update. There is another same case that tech giant is going to release the latest November Security Patch Update of Android 8.1 Oreo OPP5 Developer Preview.
Salient Features of the Firmware:
- For multitasking, there is picture-in-picture display.
- The life of the battery is better than it narrows down the background apps’ activity has been added.
- Google has added new life emojis to Android 8.1 as emojis are considered a form of conversation to convey the feeling people look for the most suitable emojis just to convey their feeling instead of wasting their time instead of writing a long sentence.
- “Notification channels” is another feature that allows users to put the notification on snooze and they can reappear at another time as the same priority as they appear as an initial notification.
- Autofill API is also added by Google in Android 8.1 Oreo. This was the only way for acknowledging the worth of password managers and thus listening to the call of Android users, at last.
- If we talk about battery life, Google has exceeded itself with narrowing down the boundaries of the apps running at the back and consumes the smartphone’s battery, draining it consequently, way quicker than needed.
The bugs which were troubling the users in the last build have been fixed and improved for the stability and faster speed In September security patch update,
Now for updating your phone to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OPP5 Developer Preview, you just need to have the following
Install Nexus 5X USB drivers and it is running on your system. You need to have the latest version of Nexus 5X USB drivers.
When something goes wrong during the updating process. There is always a chance that you might lose all your data. So you make a backup of all your data including contacts, files, calendar events etc.
You will lose all your data If your boot-loader is not unlocked, You should unlock your boot-loader beforehand to ensure that your data remains intact.
ADB & Fastboot:
Make sure that you have installed an configured ADB and Fastboot on your device.
Things you need to know:
- This tutorial is merely for Nexus 5X. We cannot assure you that it might work on any other phone or other variants of Nexus 5X.
- Very carefully read each and every step before starting the tutorial.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- OEM unlocking should be done on the device first.
Steps To Update Nexus 5X with Android 8.1 Oreo OPP5 Developer Preview:
Follow the following steps without missing any single step,
Step 1: First download the Download Android 8.1 Oreo Factory Image (angler-opp5.170921.005-factory-a45d3eab.zip) by using your computer for your phone.
Step 2: By using USB cable, connect your Nexus device with your computer.
Step 3: On your PC, ensure the installation and configuration of the Fastboot.
Step 4: For turning off your Nexus 5x and turn it in back on into the bootloader mode. To do so, you need to press and hold the power button along with both Volume up button as well as the volume down button. Keep on holding the button till you see a start on the top of the screen.
Step 5: On your system, once you have extracted the downloaded files, you need to go to the angler-opp5 folder. It does not matter where you extract the files, as long as they are extracted on your computer. If you have set up your fastboot directory. There will be a high possibility that the platform-tools folder located in the SDK directory of your Android is the fastboot directory.
Step 6: Now go to factory image files which are located in the fastboot directory and perform the following steps according to their sequence,
Linux: Run file “flash-all.sh
Mac: Run file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
Windows: Run file “flash-all.bat”.
That is all for now, let the process to finish. Once done, your phone will reboot again and it will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time. After that, you are perfect to go.